Sunday, June 5, 2011

Where did the month of May go?

I am in the midst of switching jobs, so for the last few weeks I have been working 2 part time jobs, as well as a weekly farmer's market in Moorestown, NJ.  I wake up and have to figure out where I need to be that day!  Fortunately, I will be down to one job soon and the market.  Then I can focus on my Etsy shop which has been depleted with lots of sales at the farmer's market.  I've got so much to make!  I wanted to share a card I made this past Friday.  I worked 10am - 10pm, and I'm still trying to recuperate!  I purchased a Personal Cricut Machine last year on sale with my employee discount.  My favorite cartridge is Create a Critter.  I love owls and just thought a blue owl would be a perfect color to coordinate with my background paper.  I found a company named The Pink Stamper which has stamps made specifically to go with the Critter images.  The stamps are great quality polymer stamps and I love the adorable sayings.




A few rhinestones and glitter add a wonderful look too.  I use my odds and ends of embellishments to add  extra pizazz.  Ever wonder what to do with left over alphabet stickers?  I mixed and matched 2 different sets for the hogs and kisses card.  I hate to waste anything!


I hope to post at least once a week, now that my crazy schedule is getting a little bit better.  I'd like to get out some of the supplies I've purchased and never used.  Another idea I have is to show one stamp used in  different cards or layouts.  The Scottish have a saying about "make do" - use what you have.  What supplies and materials do you have that can be used in a new and fresh way? 

No comments:

Post a Comment