Monday, July 16, 2012

Craft Show Displays - Old into New

One of my favorite haunts is the local Goodwill.  On a recent trip I was scouting for ideas for my craft display tables. I wanted some new props to catch my customers attention.  I found a bulletin board for .99, and a cookie sheet for the same price.  I've been wanting to either purchase a banner or come up with an attractive alternative.  I purchased some spray paint and a couple metal easels from my local JoAnn's store.  Of course, I used my coupons.  So for a grand total of under $20.00 I had some wonderful and unique new displays for my craft tables.




 I used my 12 x 12 paper and my Spellbinder's scallop die cuts.  The letters are made using the Jasmine Cricut cartridge.  Another alternative would be to use sheets of vinyl - also for sale at Joann's.
Now I have a great purple sign which perfectly reflects my company Lilac Cottage Cards.  The cookie sheet holds my glass magnets securely and my customers can see everything at eye level.

 
 
 I love this Rust-oleum spray paint.  I used two coats and had a nice satin finish on both the metal cookie sheet and the pressed wood bulletin board.
I also used it on a wire basket and the finish was even with no drips.

 We had a rainy day at the market, so I wasn't able to get pictures of my craft space, but I will be posting those pictures this weekend.  So stay tuned.  I have some other craft display ideas in the works.



















1 comment:

  1. Love to shop for both fabrics and crafts under one roof but aren't sure which retailer to pick? Don't worry; Joanns will always deliver quality products that meet your needs. To ensure that you arrive on time and can get what you want, research Joanns hours in advance. Find out everything you need to know about Joann's locations and closing times. Even on regular days and holidays, you can use Joann's working hours.
    hours for joann's

    ReplyDelete