Friday, November 15, 2013

Mini Christmas Cards with Handmade Envelopes

I found some darling stickers at my local Joann's in the dollar bins.  I decided to make some small mini cards using my Spellbinders die cuts.  I folded my green and red card stock and let the die cut hang over the folded edge to create a small 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inch card.  Mine open at the top.  I die cut a smaller label and embossed using the Snowflake embossing folder.  I also added a label inside so I can either stamp a Holiday greeting or hand write whatever I want.  I created square 3 x 3 inch envelopes using paper
I had leftover from my stash.  I added some photos of the steps to create  square cards.  I started with 8 pieces of the metallic card stock cut into 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch squares.  I used my scoring board and my envelope piece to score at 2 1/2 inches all around.  I folded my scored piece using my bone folder.  
I then clipped the triangle pieces in each corner.  I folded my envelope, making sure everything looked nice.  I glued the edges using my glue stick
I decided to round the back flap using my rounder punch. 



















   

Supplies:  Martha Stewart Scoring Board
                Bone Folder
                DCWV Evergreen 12 x 12 paper
                Bazzill Peppermint paper
                Green Card Stock
                Spellbinders Labels 1
                Glue Stick
                Darcie Snowflake Embossing Folder
                Joann's Foam Owl & Sock Monkey Stickers
                Candy Cane foam stickers - from my stash
 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love what you did with your Thanksgiving and Christmas Cards! Thank you so much for the ideas. The sweetness comes from the simplicity and all the care and attention to all the little details. So much better than those fancy cards I've been looking at online! I hope you don't mind if I borrow your ideas for next year's holidays!

    ReplyDelete