Sunday, November 17, 2013

Thanksgiving Place Cards

I am truly blessed to have my daughters and 3 grandsons coming for Thanksgiving!  My grand babies are 2, 4 and nearly 5 years old.  I wanted
to make some fun place cards for us to enjoy at our Thanksgiving table.
My favorite Cricut cartridge is Create a Critter and it's my usual go to cartridge especially for paper projects for kids.  I created a card base measuring 3 1/2 x 3 inches.  I embossed a background piece in a light cream color.  My turkey measures 3 1/2 inches and I cut the pieces using four different colors, off white,terra cotta,pumpkin and dark brown card stock.  I glued all my pieces together and added small eyes with a black pearl pen.  This gives a nice dimension to the eyes.  I added my turkey and then die cut a small label using my Spellbinders Large Oval dies.  On Thanksgiving Day I will have the older children fill in the names of all our guests.


Supplies used

Cuttlebug embossing folder
Cricut Create of Critter cartridge
Kraft, off white,dark brown,pumpkin,terrace cotta and beige card stock
Spellbinders oval die cuts
Viva black pearl pen
adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment