Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Trying to Create when Grieving

Since my Mom's passing on September 20, 2012 I have been slogging thru the last few weeks.
Grief is indescribable unless you have experienced the pain and sorrow which overwhelms you.
I haven't been able to even step foot into my craft room until a few days ago.  I know doing what I love will help ease the constant thoughts of my Mom's last weeks in the hospital.  Today I am teaching a class which will also help me to get back into some sort of normalcy.  Before my Mom got sick, I decided to play around with the ceramic tiles you can purchase at any home do it yourself store.  I found some black tiles I thought would be great for a Halloween theme.  Hope you enjoy them.




I used paper from Debbie Mum's Harvest and Holiday 8 x 8 paper pack.  I love the glitter which is hard to see in the photos.  I used modge podge and a clear acrylic spray - about 5 coats.  I think next time I will try some clear non yellowing varnish.  I used felt for the backing to prevent the tiles from slipping.  I could also try some cork next time.  (The felt was cheaper).  I am going to start on some Christmas themed tiles next.  Yes - Christmas is only months away.  I am still trying to catch up to fall and Halloween.  Have a great day and don't forget to tell loved ones "I love you"!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much sharing this post I like this post I also share with you some tips hope you like There are those cynics who insist that physical greeting cards are passé. However, anyone who has ever gotten a heartfelt Valentine, a sweet note of congratulations or a warm holiday greeting knows that nothing can replace the experience of opening that envelope and removing a tangible reminder of how much you mean to someone else. That heartening experience is irreplaceable, and no matter how electronically minded we all become in the future, it is highly unlikely that will ever be obsolete.ID Card Maker

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the personal nature of a physical greeting card. When my Mom passed away the sympathy cards I received brought me such comfort with the personal words of support each person had taken the time to write. A unique card tells people you matter to them and you are important to them. Too bad so many people do not even look up from texting to even acknowledge other people...:(

    ReplyDelete