Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring is nearly here!

I'm sitting here enjoying a cup of chai tea after beginning my spring cleaning.  I have a glassed in front porch that I love to sit in on nice days and rainy days.  This is my quiet spot for contemplation, meditation and naps.




As busy women, we are need of "a room of one's own."  I have a few spiritual books currently "Eat, Pray, Love" and a Simplify Journal.  I sometimes get so busy with my business and work, I forget to breathe.  My special place gives me a space to recharge and reflect in.  I have a few candles, a couple blankets and my fiance's Mother's rocking chair.  My collection of angels sits near a table my sister hand-painted.  The wicker chairs were a dumpster dive from a friend's apartment complex.  She died of cancer in 2006, and I think of Lori every time I sit in one of our rescued chairs.  All the items in this room are very special - the stained glass picture is from my daughter and son-in-law.  The small collection of minature vases were my Mom's.  So my room is filled with thoughts of friends and family, those here and those who have passed on.  Do you have a special place in your home to dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment