Saturday, March 12, 2011

Keep it simple

I am not good at doing anything with moderation.  I've always been a "more is better" kind of girl.  That kind of thinking can get you into lots of trouble!!  So today I strive to keep some balance in my life.  I try not to let my life get cluttered with "stuff", either the physical or the mental.  I love the message on this card and I wanted it to be the main focus.  Shadow inks are great for creating a soft background.  I stamped the scroll in a soft wheat colored ink.  The Serenity Prayer was stamped in black ink.  In order to cut down on all the white space, I took a small dauber brush and lightly tapped some linen ink into the background.  For a final touch, I punched the corners and added some white pearls.  This card says serenity to me - which I haven't had  lately.

1 comment: