Sunday, November 6, 2016

Altered Cigar Boxes

I love to use old cigar boxes as repurposed God boxes.  Luckily I have a friend who has a
cigar store.  He gives me all his boxes both wood and cardboard.  I let them air out and then
paint them and do my magic.  Here are a 2 boxes I created a month ago.




I found a base pattern paper that I loved.  The box was wood and painted a pink
pearl.  I then created the flowers using speciality paper using dies.  A few metal
pieces for the corners painted cream.  I then painted a metal dragonfly with alcohol ink.
I had some pearl trim from a local fabric store.  




I used gel medium to cover the box with paper cut to fit.
I also painted white lace paper doilies and added them
to the top of the box.  I stamped the words and did
some doodling with my fine tip sharpie  I use hair
spray to keep the paper and ink from smearing.




The insde has a piece of pink felt.  The inside top is covered with
a pretty pink marble paper.  I die cut cards to use to write affirmatons or
notes to God.  



The second box has paper, trim, a key and stamped
serenity prayer.


I had a cardboard butterfly sticker and some paper leaves.
Again I added some felt inside and die cut cards.
Great treasury box, jewelry box or God box.

No comments:

Post a Comment