Monday, June 18, 2012

Old Crafts in New Ways



I decided to pull out some old Plaid stencils I had in the basement.  My challenge to myself today, was to create some new cards using stencils, both plastic and brass.  I like using other craft tools in different ways.  So first I decided to use the sun stencil and create a background.  I mixed yellow and orange inks together using makeup sponges.  I lightly pounced the stencil and came up with a beautiful background.  Next, I thought I'd do a card for a child using the frog stencil.  I used a few different color green inks. On my third card I thought I'd use some southwest color inks.  I inked the lizard and then cut it out.  And finally, on my 4th card I dry embossed the seahorse and then used the brass stencil and inked the seahorse so it would stand out.






2 comments:

  1. Great idea!!!! I've been looking at my old stencils too, but you have actually done something with yours! And with beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I just looked at them with new eyes!

    ReplyDelete