Friday, June 22, 2012

Large Image Stamps

I decided to grab a few stamps that have large images and make them the focal point of the card.  Sometimes I'm a little intimidated by a large image stamp, because I'm not sure how to incorporate it into a card.  Do I add a background or not?  Balancing a large image with other elements on the card is not always easy for me.  Since summer has officially started, I decided to go with some beach themed stamps.  I stamped the large starfish after I pulled out some aqua color ink.  I love the combo of brown & aqua.  After I put the card together, I decided to stamp and emboss the greeting because there was too much empty space on the card.  I really like how the card balanced out so well.

On the next card I used a large fish stamp I've had for years, but had never used.  I first stamped the image with a light orange chalk ink on a orange card stock.  Then I decided to stamp the image with white pigment ink and emboss with white embossing powder.  I think it really pops more.  Because the image is so large, I decided to go with a small sentiment .  I used a large pearl for the eye.  I then added a strip of bright blue paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment