Monday, July 25, 2011

Great book for crafters!!

I was celebrating today, along with a lot of Haddon Township.  Our little library has finally reopened after being closed for two months due to a water main break inside the building.  I was like a kid in the candy store, picking up lots and lots of books.  For someone like me who reads sixty books a year, I was suffering from withdrawal.  I found a real gem for crafters too!!  "The Handmade Marketplace" by Kari Chapin is a book on how to sell your crafts locally, globally, and online.  She has included lots of input from other crafters and also the VP of Etsy, who gives advice on selling online.  I sat down with a cup of tea and my 100 calorie cookie pack, and dove right in.  I love this book.  I've just started Chapter 2, but already I have picked up some great ideas and inspiration.  Something I read really resonated with me - working in a clean, tidy environment.  My craft area looks like a small tornado went thru.  So tonight I plan on clearing my space, so my creative juices will be able to flow better.  Clutter makes me feel overwhelmed. After a little break from the 112 heat indexes in NJ, I'm ready to get moving again.

No comments:

Post a Comment