Monday, July 4, 2011

Easy does it

Happy 4th of July.  I have a real day off!!  I decided to take it easy - going to a bbq pool party shortly.
I happened to log onto my Etsy account and was presently surprised to find a sale!!  Now more ideas are floating thru my brain, and I want to get into work mode.  Or as I like to call it - my creative mode, because I don't feel like I'm working when I make cards.  I find it a real struggle having a shop online verses a booth at a farmer's market.  I have contact with people and get all kinds of great feedback at the craft market.  While my online shop is sometimes so quiet, I swear I can hear crickets!  I get feedback from some customers, but not all the time.  I can rearrange my craft booth adding cute baskets filled with card packs, etc., but I find it a lot harder to revamp my online shop.  I am going to hire my son-in-law's brother to create a new banner for me.  Then I plan on adding lots more items. 

I just put things out on my tables at the craft market, but Etsy takes a whole lot longer with lots of pictures and good descriptions.  Then trying to let people know I exist out there is a huge challenge.  So my motto for today is Easy Does It.  I am tired from spending my few days off working on my online shop and market booth.  So today I am trying to do as little as possible.  For a workaholic like me that's not easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment