Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Paper Mache Letter - Personalized Autumn Decor

I know I haven't posted in ages, and I'm hoping to start blogging on a more regular basis.  As you can tell, my blog is not fancy and I am not at all techie.  But I do love to share ideas and new creations in the hopes I can inspire and spark someone's creative light.

I made this personalized Fall piece for my mantel.  Using the last initial of our last name, I purchased a large
paper mache letter from Joann Fabrics and Crafts.  I had some fall paper from a holiday pack I had from last year.  I was also able to pick up some fall picks on sale.  I started by tracing the letter on my paper.  Make sure you have the pattern going in the right direction.  I painted the letter with a coordinating color of acrylic paint.  I covered both sides with paper once my paint was thoroughly dried and then I added strips of paper for the sides.  Using modge podge, I adhered the paper - pressing gently with my fingers to remove any air bubbles .  I distressed the paper edges with ink after everything was dry.  I then added a few layers of modge podge to seal my paper.  Wait until the ink is dried thoroughly.  Finally I chose some of the my fall embellishments and tied them together with ribbon and trim.  I hot glue gunned my flower bundle to my paper mache letter.  Total cost was under $10.00.




No comments:

Post a Comment